For me as an architect and artist, concept artist and story-teller, the pencil tells a story, the line evokes the honest nature of a place, expressing—literally— weight, value, and tone.
The pencil is my natural tool. I find economy, honesty, and ‘flow’ in articulating a space, evoking character and meaning through watercolor. I am a current member of the American Society of Architectural Illustrators, Northwest watercolor Society and a registered architect in the State of Washington.
I reside in Seattle with my husband, two sons, and dog Izzy.
As a registered architect in the State of Washington and member of the Northwest Watercolor Society, my skills include architectural design, teaching painting and drawing, graphic design, community planning and design illustration.
Working with other architects and community leaders and other designers in collaborative work process, I have produced outstanding design solutions that communicate the essential nature of a project. I use my analytical abilities and exceptional drawing skills to capture the essence of a project and present it effectively and fully in a rich visual representation. This representation can, in turn, be presented to other stakeholders and interested parties to aid in clear communication of project parameters, goals, and impacts.
- 2013 NIAUSI: Civita Institute Fellow for the Northwest Institute of Architecture and Urban Studies in Italy: Fall 2013
- Master of Architecture, University of Washington: Seattle, Washington 1986
- Certificate: AC Glassel Jr. School of Art: Houston, Texas 1982
- Bachelor of Architecture, Iowa State University: Ames, Iowa 1979
- Computer works: Revitt and Photoshop: Seattle Community College: Seattle, Washington 2007